Tataky de lomo de buey con enoquis (Tataki of beef tenderloin with enoki mushrooms), as served as part of the menú degustación at Goliard.
Goliard in Vila de Gràcia is currently one of my favourite restaurants for both lunch and dinner
Here are 10 good reasons why:
Price for lunch:
- For the menú del día, which includes bread and wine, you’ll pay 14.90€.
Price for dinner:
- For an evening menú degustación, wine extra, you’ll pay 24.90€.
- The fixed price lunch menu offers a choice of 5 first courses, 5 second courses and 5 desserts.
- The evening tasting menu offers a balanced selection of 7 savoury dishes (fish, fowl, meat, cheese and veggies) and a dessert.
- The extensive à la carte menu is available both lunchtime and evening, and you can order ½ sized portions.
- Ingredients, preparation and presentation are all reliably excellent.
- The food offering here is an inventive, flavour filled, balance of re-imagined classic Catalan and Spanish dishes combined with a hint of Japanese finesse and slightly off-piste choices such as kangaroo. Delicious.
- Friendly, polite, timely and efficient. English spoken. The servers will gladly deal with any queries or special needs you may have, and indulge in friendly banter if invited. The servers’ timing seems impeccable; attentive without being intrusive.
- Classy, tasteful, thoughtfully lit, with a comfortable noise level and cosy.
- Do the maths — lunch = 4.63€ per item and including wine; evening = 3.11€ per item, not including wine; both including tax!
- In Vila de Gràcia. A ten-minute stroll from Cinco d’Oro (junction of Passeig de Gràcia/Diagonal), or a five-minute stroll from Plaça de la Vila (Town Hall square) at the heart of Gràcia.
It’s open on Mondays
Carrer Progrés, 6
Call: 93 207 3175.