My aim is to help you get more from Barcelona.
I love Barcelona — and want you to love it too.
I’ve visited every bar, restaurant, shop, market, attraction and event featured here at least three times before publishing my opinion.
You may be planning a visit, you may be visiting for a conference, FCBarcelona match, festival, family holiday, or a chilled-out weekend.
You may be thinking of re-locating … you might be curious as to what life is like here in Barcelona.
Well… whatever your reason for being here…if you want to get under the skin of the city, click around for a while and you’ll discover:
- Tips and tricks on how to make the most of your time and money when in Barcelona.
- Tips on how best to get around the city.
- Tips on how to get what you want in shops, bars, and restaurants.
- Notes on local customs, festes [fiestas] and culture.
- Notes on food & drink such as zarajo, bikini, calçots and cava.
- Snippets of history…and opinions… about life in our endlessly fascinating city of Barcelona.
How to use this site:
- Home — This page.
- Streetlife — Features and activities you may encounter while out and about, including architectural details, fountains, sculptures, graffiti, and celebrations.
- Food & Drink — Bars, bodegas, restaurants, local dishes and other gastronomic related stuff.
- Here — Portraits of neighbourhoods, with links to local features and places to eat and drink and other useful information.
- Now — A glimpse into what life in the city is like, and tips about security & safety, and getting around the city.
- Then — Posts concerning the history of Barcelona and Catalunya, including images and commentary about the Spanish Civil War, Franco’s dictatorship, The Transition, and Catalunya’s struggle for independence.
- Blog — Latest posts.
- Contact me — self-explanatory — drop me a line or two.
Search bar :
- Click on the magnifying-glass icon and enter a search term.
- A the foot of every post there is at least one tag — clicking on a tag will render other posts with the same tag. Examples of tags include: Eixample, Gràcia, Safety etc.
Dabble around a while in the navigation bar and tags, or use the search bar, and you’ll soon feel at home.
When referring to street names, names of ingredients, dishes, drinks, etc. I’ll be using Catalan with the appropriate term in Spanish [like so].
I publish a new post every now and then — so you may want to subscribe and keep yourself up to date — just pop your email address into the SUBSCRIBE box in the sidebar on the Blog page and you’ll receive an email notification every time I publish a new post. Simple.
Advertising & Affiliate links:
There is no advertising, nor any affiliate links, on the site, apart from occasional plugs for my own products and services, and projects I contribute to.