My aim is to help you get more from Barcelona.
I love Barcelona — and I want you to love it too.
I’ve visited every bar, restaurant, shop, market, attraction and event featured here at least three times before publishing my opinion.
You may be planning a visit, you may be visiting for a conference, an FC Barcelona match, a festival, an art exhibition, a family holiday, or a chilled-out weekend.
You may be thinking of re-locating, you may already be here … you might just be curious as to what life is like here in Barcelona.
Well… click around for a while and you’ll discover:
- Tips and tricks on how to make the most of your time and money when in Barcelona.
- Tips on how best to get around the city — and out of the city.
- Tips on how to get what you want in shops, bars, and restaurants.
- Notes on local customs, festes [fiestas] and culture.
- Notes on food & drink such as zarajo, bikini, calçots and cava.
- Snippets of history…and opinions… about life in our endlessly fascinating city of Barcelona.
How to use this site:
- Streetlife — Features and events you may encounter while out and about, including architectural details, fountains, sculptures, graffiti, and celebrations.
- Food & Drink — Bars, bodegas, restaurants, local dishes and other gastronomic related stuff.
- Here — Portraits of neighbourhoods, with links to places to eat and drink and other useful information.
- Now — A glimpse into what life in the city is like, and some of the things we get up to here, including links to useful apps and other blogs, and tips for getting around and out of the city.
- Then — Posts related to the history of Barcelona and Catalunya, including images and commentary about the Spanish Civil War, Franco’s dictatorship and The Transition.
- About — This page.
- Contact me — self-explanatory — drop me a line or two.
Search bar :
- Click on the magnifying-glass icon and enter a search term.
- A the foot of every post there is at least one tag — clicking on a tag will bring up other posts with the same tag. Examples of tags include: Eixample, Gràcia, Safety etc.
Dabble around a while in the navigation bar and tags, or use the search bar, and you’ll soon feel at home.
When referring to street names, names of ingredients, dishes, drinks, etc. I’ll be using Catalan with the appropriate term in Spanish [like so].
I publish a new post every now and then — so you may want to subscribe, to keep yourself up to date — just pop your email address into the SUBSCRIBE box in the sidebar on the Home page and you’ll receive an email notification every time I publish a new post. Simple.
Advertising & Affiliate links:
There is no advertising, nor any affiliate links, on the site, apart from plugs for my own products and services, and projects I contribute to.